FLIR ONE Pro Review
- Product: FLIR ONE Pro – Thermal Imaging Camera Attachment
- Price: $399.00
- Best place to buy: Amazon.com
- FLIR ONE PRO for Android (USB-C)
Thermal accessory for your USB-C Android smart phone or tablet.
- FLIR ONE PRO for iOS
Thermal accessory for your Apple iPhone or iPad with lightning connector.
- Rating: 9 out of 10
My website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is at no extra cost to you.
- FLIR ONE Pro’s MSX feature takes the edge details from the color camera end embosses it over the top of the thermal image so you get more image detail than in a single image.
- Improved thermal resolution and VividIR image processing gives you the ability to see more details, measure smaller components from a further distance.
- Built-in temperature range allows you to measure temperatures between -4° F to 752° (-20°C -400°C) with up to three spot temperature meters and six temperature regions.
- Adjustable OneFit height connector to fit your phone or tablet even when it’s in a compatible case.
- Rated to survive a drop from 5 feet 10.8 inches (1.8 meters).
- Available App to register warranty and get the latest updates. Also get addiadditional cameratures and “tips and tricks” to help you get the best possible image.
- Currently there are two connections available on the FLIR ONE Pro that allow you to connect to the bottom of your iPhone or Android smartphone, through a Lightning or USB-C connector.
- Operating temperature: 0 °C – 35 °C (32°F – 95°F) , battery charging 0 °C – 30 °C (32°F – 86°F)
- Non-operating temperature: -20 °C – 60 °C (-4°F – 140°F)
- Size: 2.7″ x 1.3″ x .6″
- Weight: 36.5 gram
- Mechanical shock: Drop from 1.8 meters
- Thermal resolution: 160 x 120
- Visual resolution: 1440 x 1080
- Focus: 15cm – Infinity
- Shutter: Auto/Manual
- Battery life: Aprox. 1 hour
- Battery charge time: 40 min.
- Video and still image display capture: 1440 x 1080
- Capture modes: Video, still, time laps
- Battery charge monitor: 0 – 100%
The FLIR ONE Pro is a thermal image devise used by contractors, inspectors, electricians, realtors, and home owners for its ability to see things that the human eye can’t. Using this thermal image camera allows you to measure temperatures on any spot in a scene, that you can quickly assess for energy loss from poor, missing or inadequate insulation or doors and window that let in the cold or loose heat. Repairs that may have been done on your home can show you things like possible water leaks or damage, and even pests that may have decided to make a home in your home. There are so many advantages that you can put to work using this new thermal imaging camera. And because now you have the ability to connect it to the bottom of your iPhone phone, Android, or tablet, it’s even more convenient than ever.
Although the FLIR ONE Pro was not developed as a device for ghost hunting or finding spirits, paranormal investigators have found it to be a useful piece of equipment to help them in the field of research. Many images of spirits have been captured using thermal cameras and FLIR products. Again, because this new FLIR ONE Pro is so small and can be used when connected to your smartphone, it makes it the perfect devise for ghost hunting enthusiasts.
PROS and CONS
Advantages of the FLIR ONE Pro
The FLIR ONE Pro gives you the advantage of seeing things that the human eye can’t. In the field of construction and inspection it is a highly valuable tool for professionals. Now days almost everyone owns and uses a smartphone, making the option of adapting the FLIR ONE Pro to your devise simple and convenient. In past years you would have had to purchase hand held thermal imagers that cost a lot of money. This new updated devise gives you outstanding imagery and function, along with an affordable price tag.
With it’s built in IR (Infrared) you have the ability to see in total darkness without the use of an added external IR light source. Coupled with your phones camera or video recording capability you can document your experiences while using this thermal camera. There are many ways you can use a FLIR ONE Pro Thermal Camera with thermal imaging technology.
Disadvantages of the FLIR ONE Pro
The only real issues we found with this devised was the adjustable connector to plug into you smartphone. It you were to drop your phone with theFLIR attached you run the risk of it breaking at the connection. I’ve only seen where the connector has been bent but the camera still worked. Just something to be aware of.
The other thing that is not really a CON, is the battery only lasts for up to an hour. You’ll find time slipping and before you know it the battery will be dead! It takes about 40 minutes to recharge it. Other than that there is nothing else negative to say about this great thermal camera.
Interested in owning a FLIR ONE Pro for yourself?
Check out these videos!
To Purchase Your New FLIR ONE Pro
Please feel free to leave a comment below or if you have any questions please contact me at my email, [email protected]